EAGLE Library Plugin – Getting started
Download the free EAGLE Plugin
EAGLE 9.1.0 or later
IMPORTANT! In order for the libraries to be listed in the Plugin for selection, they must have a check against “Use” from the right mouse button menu in the Control Panel as illustrated below:
How to install on Windows
How to install on MAC OS and Linux
All required files can be found in the “MAC OS and Linux” folder of the downloaded zip file.
1. Copy samacsys.png to the “bin” folder under the EAGLE installation directory.
2. Copy json.inc to the “ulp” folder under the EAGLE installation directory.
3. Copy samacsys.ulp to the “ulp” folder under the EAGLE installation directory.
4. Select File->Open->Script… from the EAGLE Control Panel, and open “eagle.scr” from the “scr” folder.
Add the following line within the “MENU” sections of both “BRD:” and “SCH:”:
‘[bin/samacsys.png] SamacSys : Run samacsys.ulp;’\
Here is an example of how your eagle.scr file should look after the edits:
How to use our Plugin to search for and add parts to your EAGLE library.
SamacSys have solved the decade-old problem of free access to high quality PCB library content, for every component and every Engineer.
Our mission was simple:
- Make library content free (forever), for every engineer globally.
- Libraries must be of the highest-quality and trustworthy.
- The content has to be well integrated to engineers existing PCB Design tools.
SamacSys’ customers range from individual maker engineers to international brands whose revenues run into the $billions. With over 100,000 users in over in over 180 countries, SamacSys is recognized as the global leader in Electronic Component Library solutions.
They are the chosen partner of leading names such as RS Components, Arrow Electronics, Mentor Graphics, Zuken, ON Semiconductors, ST Microelectronics and many more.
Check out the libraries free at: https://ComponentSearchEngine.com
If you’d like to ask us any questions please feel free to get in touch – Click Here.