To prevent these instructions from showing every time you download a part, please uncheck “Show Library Import Instructions” from the KiCad EDA settings in Library Loader. If you want to review these at any point, you can click the Help link in the same dialog.
One-time library setup for KiCad EDA to access downloaded parts (Steps 1 – 13)
1.Change “Your ECAD Tool” in Library Loader to “KiCad EDA”.
2. Click Settings.
3. Review the library directory and files that have been setup automatically.
4. Launch KiCad, and then click the “Schematic Library Editor” button or select “Run Library Editor” from the Tools menu.
5. Select “Component Libraries” from the Preferences menu.
6. Click Add, and then Open the SamacSys_Parts.lib file from the library directory in step 3 i.e. C:\SamacSys_PCB_Library\KiCad\SamacSys_Parts.lib by default.
7. Click OK, and then close the Part Library Editor.
8. Click the “PCB footprint editor” button or select “Run Footprint Editor” from the Tools menu.
9. Select “Footprint Libraries Wizard” from the Preferences menu.
10. Select “Files on my computer”, and then click “Next >”.
11. Select the SamacSys_Parts.mod file from the library directory in step 3 i.e. C:\SamacSys_PCB_Library\KiCad\SamacSys_Parts.mod by default., and then click “Next >”.
12. Click “Next >”.
13. Select “To global library configuration (visible by all projects), and then Click “Finish”.
14. Search for a part at http://componentsearchengine.com/ga
15. Click the ECAD Model download link.
16. Click “DOWNLOAD”.
17. A confirmation message from Library Loader will pop up.
18. IMPORTANT! – After downloading each part from http://componentsearchengine.com/ga, you will need to select “Component Libraries” from the Preferences menu and then click OK to ensure that the part is available to place on the schematic.
19. Place the downloaded part onto a new or existing schematic (select Component from the Place menu and then click on the schematic). Type “sama” in the Filter to select parts from the SamacSys_Parts library, and then click OK.
20. The part is complete, and ready to Layout Printed Circuit Board.